Elim Lodge is a conference centre, summer camp, trailer park and vacation getaway all in one. Each week of our summer season brings in pastors, preachers, missionaries and worship leaders to minister to the spiritual needs of our guests. Coming with your family? Programming for kids and teens is available throughout the week that includes Bible teaching and all sorts of games and activities. Some choose to enjoy Elim’s community all summer long, renting one of our 157 permanent trailer sites, but there are plenty of cottages, apartments and camp sites for anyone looking for a shorter getaway. Our spacious grounds and 3 meeting spaces – our main chapel, rustic chapel and rec hall – are also perfect for church picnics, business retreats or any other year-round function with groups of 25 or more.
We know how busy life can get. It only seems to be growing more difficult to find a balance between work, family and social functions. Elim Lodge strives to be a refuge from this, a place to get away for a day, a week or a summer at a time. But it’s our community we’re most proud of. On any given summer day, you’ll see teens riding their bikes down to Westview Beech for a Slip n’ Slide. You’ll see long-time trailer owners holding a BBQ for their neighbours. You’ll see men and women of all ages and backgrounds coming together to worship God and rest in Him. Wherever your home, we’re committed to making Elim your home away from home.
Our vision is to serve Christ’s community through all seasons.
Elim Lodge in an evangelical, non-denominational Christian Resort and Retreat Centre, a family vacation resort, known as a “Place of Physical and Spiritual Refreshment” for 75 years. Elim operates as a not-for-profit corporation, Elim Ministries Inc
Exodus 15:27 says, “And they came to Elim.”
Worship and glorifying in every thing we do
Living in Community
Working together with integrity, purpose and diligence to grow the Kingdom of God
Inspiring Christ’s People
Body, mind and spirit in a relaxing, refreshing and renewing atmosphere
Collaborating with local churches, missions and organizations, growing the body of Christ worldwide
Elim is a gift from God to Christ’s community, called to renew, refresh and enable His people to present the gospel to the world.
Elim Ministries was founded in 1946 by Mrs. Pearl Arnold as a Christian Retreat and Conference Centre.
Bernie Aldridge, who had been director of Extension at Moody Bible Institute in Chicago, purchased Elim in 1963 and continued with his wife Ruth, to provide an oasis of tranquility in a beautiful setting for guests from both Canada, the USA and beyond. Conference speakers from Canada, USA and the British Isles visited Elim to minister to the spiritual needs of our guests through the summer conference season.
Elim Ministries became a not-for-profit corporation in 1974 when four Brethren churches in Peterborough banded together to purchase it from Mr. & Mrs. Aldridge. In the next few years Elim expanded from 15 to 48 acres and new buildings were added, including a new 500 seat chapel. Elim Lodge now has over 75 acres of land where our ministries bring people of various backgrounds together for a tremendous impact, influence and identity in ministry and witness.
Today Elim Ministries continues to build on our 70 year history, continues to build and improve our facilities, continues to invite challenging speakers, missionaries and musicians to the conference so that our guests can be encouraged in their faith and renewed and refreshed for the busy months ahead. Because Elim belongs to God, His strength and direction continue to encourage us in the pursuit of excellence as we serve Him.
Articles of Faith and Doctrine
- The Divine Inspiration, Authority, and Sufficiency of the Holy Scriptures. (2 Tim. 3:16, 2 Pet. 1:21)
- That God eternally subsists in three divine persons, The Father, The Son, The Holy Ghost. (Matt. 28:19; John 1:1-3; Gen. 1:1,2; Prov. 8:22-31; John 14: 25-26)
That the Lord Jesus Christ came into the world, conceived of the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary. That He was manifest in the flesh. (Matt. 1:20,21; 1 Tim 3:16)
- That the death of the Lord Jesus Christ was a sacrifice to God and a propitiation for the remission of sins. (Rom. 3:25; 4:25; 2 Cor. 5:21; Heb. 9:24-28; 10:12-14)
- That He ascended to the right hand of God to be a Prince and a Saviour. (Acts 5:31). A Great High Priest of His people. (Heb. 4:14-16). An Advocate with the Father for His people. (1 John 2:1).
- That the Lord Jesus Christ will personally return for His saints. (1 Thess. 4:14-18; John 14:3). Then shall follow the great tribulation and immediately after shall the Lord come to set up His Kindgom on earth. (Matt. 24: 29-31; Zech. 14:3, 4, 9)
- That man was created sinless (Gen. 1:27) but sinned in disobeying God, and the sentence of death was passed upon him. (Gen. Chapter 3)
- That all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. (Rom. 3:23)
- That man must be born again or never see the Kingdom of God. (John 3:3)
- That here is only one Saviour, whereby we must be saved. (Acts. 4:12; John 14:6)
- That we have redemption through His (Jesus) blood. (Eph. 1:7). That the blood of Jesus Christ cleanseth us from all sin. (1 John 1:7)
- That all who die unsaved will stand before the great White Throne to be judged for their sins, and will spend eternity in the lake of fire. (Rev. 20: 10-15)
- The personality of the Adversary who is also called the Devil and satan. (1 Pet. 5:8; Rev. 20:2)
- That “The Church” which is the Body, Christ being the risen, exalted Head of the Church is composed of all true believers in Him. (Matt. 16: 16-18; 1 Cor. 12:12-18; 1
- That all believers are baptized by the Holy Ghost into the Body of Christ, once and forever, (1 Cor. 12:13; John 14:16) and the eternal security of the believer. (John 10: 28.29)