While the Bryces (including the Elim Director & front staff) were travelling as a family in South America during a break in our responsibilities, concerns ramped up quickly with respect to the rapid spread of the Coronavirus, COVID-19. Canadians were being asked to return home. With gratefulness for Bolivian friends who were in places to help, we were able to return within 4 days of being told to do so.
Since then, Gregg, Ethan and I have remained under quarantine, but have been in discussion with our leadership and board to make decisions going forward.
We value your prayers for wisdom and protection as we consider the responsibility and options that are before us. As of now, we have decided:
- All bookings and events at Elim Lodge are cancelled through the end of April.
- Each event or retreat following that will be advised 2 weeks in advance if their retreat will be honoured or cancelled, taking into account the recommendations given by the government and our board.
- We will continually be reviewing our options and measures and heeding the advice of the government.
- We will seek to keep our website up-to-date with information related to our decisions and your options.
Due to the financial challenges that can affect a charity/small business, we have reduced our fulltime staff. At present, our front team includes:
- Gregg Bryce, Director: Operations & business questions and concerns
- 705-657-8306 (Press 1 immediately)
- 647-225-4228 (urgent concern)
- Sue Simpson, Bookkeeper: Accounts: billing & payments
- 705-657-8306 (Press 2 immediately)
- 416-562-0855 (urgent concern)
- John Buchner, Maintenance lead: Water & electrical
- Ethan Bryce, Office representative: Reservations & guest support
- 705-657-8306 (Press 0 immediately)
Others living on the grounds will be making themselves available as volunteers, or hourly paid staff according to the urgency of a need.
We have a lot of e-mails to address and will be working from home to try to address your questions and concerns as quickly as we are able.
Please know that we pray for the health and protection of each of you and yours, believing that God is both Sovereign and wise, His ways are beyond our understanding!!
Thank you for your understanding and patience!