Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How is COVID-19 affecting Elim Lodge Retreat & Conference Center?
A: There are a number of ways that Elim Lodge has been and will be affected by this pandemic: (Pray for our government & local leaders as realities are assessed and decision are made!)
- CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- Full-time staff has been reduced to a bare minimum. About half of our staff (including all kitchen, dining room, housekeeping and one office) have been laid off for the foreseeable future.
- All retreats have been suspended through June (including our Elim Lodge Ladies Retreat). This leaves us without our normal seasonal income… Thankfully, most of them have rebooked for next year!
Q: When will Elim Lodge Trailer Park open?
A: This decision will depend entirely on the advice and recommendations of our Federal and Provincial governments, along with input from the Board of Elim Ministries Inc.
- Elim leadership will continue to pay attention to and abide by the federal and provincial government recommendations, supported by our municipal advisories and community needs.
- Leadership will consistently review decisions that have been made with the intent to open Elim Lodge as soon as it is prudent to do so.
Q: Will there be any exceptions?
A: Exceptions will include:
- “Snow Birds”: numbers of our Trailer Park residents live ‘South’ in the winter and ‘North’ in the summer… we are their home.
- Special requests will be considered on a one-by-one basis. This may include special needs families who are looking for a place to isolate their potentially immunocompromised or especially vulnerable member.
Q: What measures will be required by any exceptions to the ‘Do Not Come’ advisory?
A: Every person on Elim Lodge grounds will need to follow the recommendations that have been laid out by the Government for the protection of our open, yet close, community.
- Stay ‘at home’
- Hand wash often
- Avoid touching your mouth/face (Wear a mask?!)
- Keep your physical distancing
- Elbow cough
Watch Pastor Rick Warren’s ‘Quarantine S.H.A.K.E.’ … for kids?? 😉 WATCH HERE
Q: What are the options if a reservation needs (or chooses) to cancel?
A: We recognize that numbers of concerns affect each of us differently in relation to coping with this pandemic. If you need or choose to cancel your reservation, you have 2 options:
- Our hope is that you will be able to re-book for the ‘same week/end’ in 2021.
- A refund is also an option.